Helloooo, Monday! The days getting longer has been giving me new life and the sunshine has been so good for my mood. I’m ready for spring-like weather to stick around though!
I had a really good week/end! I went roller skating with my friends at Off the Street Club for Third Thursdays and loved seeing all their friendly faces. Friday I had a girls’ day with my friend Kaitlyn and took her to her first Ethos class and I swear it was the hardest one I’ve taken to date (will I ever stop saying that?!), but she’s hooked and I’m excited to have another friend to workout with there! After we gathered ourselves, we grabbed a quick breakfast at Beatrix before heading to Freeze & Float in River North. They invited us in to try out their cryotherapy chamber (I’ve done this a handful of times before!) and flotation therapy, the latter of which was wild. I spent an uninterrupted hour in a float tank and checked out from everything. I think I finally got myself into a true meditative state. It wasn’t for long, but my mind felt so at ease. Blank, even, but in a good way? I tried to articulate it on my Instagram stories, but I’m clearly still not there haha. If you’ve been thinking of trying it out for yourself, I would say do it!
We celebrated my friend Stephanie’s birthday on Saturday night and then after a workout on Sunday morning, we had a little Sunday Funday at Happy Camper for Bingo. If you haven’t been before, you must! It’s a $10 donation (which goes to the charity of the week) and the announcer does the MOST during the whole thing. I guess if you’re easily offended, it might not be for you, but I personally think he’s hilarious and makes the whole experience that much more fun.
There’s still room in the free yoga class I’m hosting at Athleta on April 10th! I’m really excited to meet some of you that I’ve been chatting on Instagram with for what feels like forever now. And there are going to be some really great giveaways up for grabs! (Think free eyebrow shaping and facials from Channing’s Studio & Spa and tights from Athetla!)
I hope this round-up of links helps to get you through your Monday!
Song of the week: The Bones by Maren Morris. Turn it up and listen as you browse 🙂 I’m obsessed with this song from her and can’t stop with RSVP, either! She’s been featured alongside so many of my favorite artist’s songs, but I’ve never listened to her music alone.
LINKS I’VE LOVED LATELY:
- AUrate jewelry recently sent me a few of their dainty rings and they’re the perfect compliment to the minimal jewelry I wear everyday. I’m always wearing the same three pieces and don’t really stray too far from that!
- Never not checking the new arrivals at Shopbop (followed by the new to sale listings). This crew sweater from the new-to-me 525 America brand is perfect as we transition into spring, APL has a ton of new styles and colorways (I love this coral hue!), more cute socks from Madewell to wear with my favorite everyday tennis shoes from Frye, and a fun flamingo print from my favorite pajama brand! Side note: can we get a flamingo emoji?….and while we’re at it, a rosé colored wine glass and a rubber ducky 😉
- Kiehl’s sent me this cannabis face oil to see if it will help with some of side effects from the rosacea flare ups I’ve been suffering from lately. I’ve used it a few times, but need to keep testing it out to see if it’s going to work with my skin.
- I’ve been looking for a cup to transport my matchas in the morning, but need a something that isn’t going to slosh out the top when I toss it in my bag. I landed on this Corkcicle tumbler and will report back!
- I stopped in the new Outdoor Voices storefront in Lincoln Park the week before last to try their workout wear for myself and if I’m being honest, I wasn’t super comfortable in the workout tights, but this exercise dress on the other hand. It’s perfect as I love to run in skorts and I think it will be great for bopping around on the weekends, too.
- Athleta gifted me a pair of their new chakra tights (the pair we’ll be giving away at the event!) and they’re a dream. The tights are labeled as 7/8 in length, but they hit lower on my ankle, almost like full length, so keep that in mind if you order!
- Today is the last day of the Serena & Lily Spring Design Event! You can get 20% off everything with code INSPO.
- My baby sister Harper is wise beyond her years and I was so proud of this feature on her and everything she’s built with Harper’s Homemade! The day that girl can figure out how to ship her deliciously delicate cookies, all bets are off.
- I shared a link to Kira’s fitness app the week before last and then came across this quick 6-minute ab workout she put together and quickly bookmarked it! It’s always a goal of mine to strengthen my core because it’s what holds you together and yet, is one of the weakest parts of my body!
- I was so excited to see an email pop up from RXBAR announcing they’re launching a few new flavors, including one that isn’t almond based (I’m allergic, ugh), and I can’t wait to try the Banana Chocolate Walnut. YUM.
Alright, that’s all I’ve got for now! I’ll be sharing in real-time over on Instagram stories this week, so be sure to follow along there.
Photo by Hannah Schweiss Photography